Impacta T-950 Adhesive for ProBase Rubber & Hardwood Flooring
Impacta T-950 is a 100%-solids, one-component, moisture-cured urethane adhesive, recommended for mainstream wood-floor installation. Impacta T-950’s formulation is perfectly suited for traditional solid wood flooring and engineered wood flooring of all sizes. Easy to trowel, Impacta T-950 exhibits quick grab to hold planks in place during installation, yet it provides enough slip time to align everything perfectly.
• Do not install over any substrates containing asbestos. • For interior installations only
• Not recommended for wood flooring designed for nail-down installations only
• Do not apply over any adhesive residues, including cutback adhesive. • Do not install when the moisture vapor emission rate (MVER) exceeds 5 lbs. per 1,000 sq. ft. (2,27 kg per 92,9 m2) per 24 hours, when using the anhydrous calcium chloride test (ASTM F1869).
• Do not install when the relative humidity (RH) of the concrete slab exceeds 80% (ASTM F2170).
• Use only when the substrate temperature is between 65°F and 90°F (18°C and 32°C). SUITABLE SUBSTRATES:
• Impacta-ProBase acoustic rubber underlayment • Exterior-grade plywood and other approved wood underlayments (per wood -ooring manufacturer recommendations)
• Concrete and properly prepared cement terrazzo • Existing, properly prepared ceramic tile
• Cement-based self-leveling underlayments and patching compounds • Properly prepared, primed gypsum underlayments that meet the requirements for compressive strength according to ASTM F2419
• Radiant-heat systems that have been properly installed SURFACE PREPARATION:
• All substrates must be structurally sound, dry, solid and stable.
• The substrate should be clean and free of dust, dirt, oil, grease, paint, curing agents, concrete sealers, loosely bonded toppings, loose particles, old adhesive residues, and any other substance or condition that may prevent or reduce adhesion.
• Concrete and cement-based underlayments and patches must be fully cured and free of any hydrostatic and/or moisture problems.
• Concrete slabs exceeding 5 lbs. (2,27 kg) of MVER or 80% RH should be treated with a moisture vapor reduction product.
1. Read all installation instructions thoroughly before installation.
2. Select the appropriately notched trowel (see the “Approximate Product Coverage” section).
3. Spread the adhesive evenly over the subfloor, keeping the trowel at a 45° angle to the subfloor.
4. Only apply as much adhesive as can be installed within 45 minutes. 5. Install wood flooring or rubber underlayment in strict accordance with Sound Seal’s written instructions.
6. Adhesive transfer to the backing should be confirmed periodically by lifting the flooring material.
7. Avoid light/regular traffic for at least 12 hours. Avoid heavy traffic for at least 24 hours.